First launching in 2007 thanks to National Lottery Funding, Switch Midlands was originally called The Switch Project and provided positive, participatory arts based activities for children and young people in Wolverhampton schools and communities. Following the 3-years of funding, the outcomes being achieved meant the project became a sustainable social enterprise, regularly being commissioned by schools and local authorities to deliver social and emotional well-being interventions for children and young people.
Now with over a decade of success and experience, The Switch Project has become Switch Midlands – better reflecting the reach and impact it has had in the region. We are proud to say that we are one of the leading providers of support for schools, working alongside them to improve the personal development, behaviour and wellbeing of both primary and secondary pupils.
Our service has been tailored to address the changes to the Ofsted common inspection framework. ‘Outstanding’ and ‘Good’ schools commit to helping students develop personal skills, employability skills and achieve academically. The framework specifically references the essential components of emotional well-being, including relationships, self-confidence, self-efficiency, communication skills, positive mindset and attitude.
• Social and emotional learning has been proven to help children achieve their academic potential, build strong relationships, and lead healthy, successful lives. We help pupils understand and manage their emotions, to improve behaviour and reduce emotional distress.
• Our support provides pupils with opportunities to make informed decisions regarding their personal development, behaviour, and welfare.
• We truly care about the welfare of pupils and encourage safe and positive relationships with those around them.
• We encourage pupils to reflect on their own experiences and focus on personality traits and self-motivation. This isn’t a quick fix, it’s a programme of support to last a lifetime.
• Our programmes give pupils the skills to be aware of their intentions, behave with integrity, and build healthy relationships with others.
• We know how hard you’re working, so we’ve designed our programmes to make your life easier.
• We will work with you to identify pupils who need extra support.
• Our programmes will instantly improve your school’s offer to develop pupils’ character and well-being.
• Our outcomes are geared towards ensuring your school can clearly evidence your intent to provide for the personal development of vulnerable pupils.
• You’ll have peace of mind knowing that you’re working with a high-quality provider that will produce real results.