New Trustee Wanted
We are excited to be seeking a trustee to join us as we launch a new charity supporting children and young peoples’ positive wellbeing in schools and communities.
We have been a successful social enterprise based in Wolverhampton for over a decade – and now we’re looking to go to the next level! Last academic year, we worked with over 200 children and young people across 25 schools, in particular supporting those at risk of facing exclusion or isolation from schools or communities.
As part of our growth, we are now launching our very own charity – and are looking for a new trustee who wants to be with us at the start of our new journey.
We would be delighted to receive applications from people
1. Aged 18 or older.
2. Passionate about improving wellbeing services for children and young people in our region.
3. From autumn, be able to commit up to 2 hours per half-term for meetings in addition to 1 day per year for strategic planning together with Switch Midlands staff. All meetings will be at Switch Midlands offices at Dovecotes Primary School, Pendeford, Wolverhampton, WV8 1TX.
4. Able to meet just 2 (or more) of the following criteria:
• Personal experience of exclusion or isolation from school or their community to ensure a diverse range of voices are heard at trustee level.
• Professional experience in schools, education and/or other relevant commissioning bodies to help support how we develop our service.
• Professional experience in generating income e.g. via grant applications, tenders etc to enable financial stability and sustainability.
• Professional experience in profile building, marketing and communications to share our message and grow our reach.
What we offer in return
A fantastic opportunity, not just to make a difference in an area that matters to you, but also being part of a new charity from the very beginning. We are a positive and inclusive team, who all share in the VALUES of our organisation. We will be able to fund some professional training, and will provide reimbursements for any travel and expenses incurred as a result.
How to apply
Please send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter, which includes how you fit the criteria outlined above and why you are applying for the role. Return them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is Friday 20th August at 4pm.
We look forward to hearing from you.